St. Bartholomew’s children wear their smart and distinctive uniform with pride. The Governors adopted a revised uniform policy in September 2020 and a link to that policy can be found below. The policy gives clear and simple guidelines for parents and children about what to wear in school. Uniform can be purchased locally and is easily available from Example School Uniform Barrow Upon Soar and can be ordered online at www.exampleschooluniforms.com or by visiting their shop also from Rosebuddies Ltd via their website http://www.rosebuddiesonline.co.uk/ or at their stall at Loughborough market (see order form below). Please arrange with Rosebuddies to collect your order from the school office .
Please ensure your child’s name is on ALL items of clothing.
- Year 6 children wear navy blue sweatshirts or cardigans as recognition of their seniority in school.
- White/ royal blue polo shirt/white shirt
- School’s royal blue sweatshirt (navy blue for Year 6 pupils)/School’s royal blue cardigan (navy blue for Year 6)
- Plain, black / grey uniform style trousers or shorts (length of shorts to be appropriate for decency and comfort)
- Plain black / grey uniform style, knee straight (not stretchy) skirt and plain/ Grey uniform style pinafore dress
- White / black / grey/ navy socks or plain black/navy/grey tights (not patterned)
- Summer - blue uniform style cotton dress
- Black style school shoes / boots (Leather or leather effect-no coloured markings or logos) no trainers.
Indoor PE Kit
- Footwear- plimsolls (KS1)
- KS2 – Bare feet are required for PE
- Navy / black shorts
- Plain white or royal blue T-shirt / polo shirt
Outdoor PE Kit
- Footwear- trainers / plimsolls
- Plain navy / black tracksuit or joggers and sweatshirt / hoodie
- Children involved in games ie netball, cross-country and football will require the appropriate footwear.
- Plain swimming costume / trunks (no bikini)
- No swimming goggles unless written permission
Jewellery is not allowed and ear-rings must be removed for PE and Games. If you wish to have your child’s ears pierced then it is recommended that this is arranged at the start of the six week summer holiday to allow for healing.