At St Bartholomew’s we promote the fundamental British Values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
We actively promote Christian and British Values as a means of challenging opinions and behaviour in school that are contrary to Fundamental British Values. Click on the image below to see the full size version.
Social, Moral Spiritual and Cultural Development at St Bartholomew’s
St Bartholomew’s through social, moral spiritual and cultural development we
- Enable students to develop their self-knowledge, self-esteem and self confidence
- Enable students to distinguish between right and wrong
- Encourage children to accept responsibility for their behaviour, show initiative and understand how they can contribute positively to the school and global community
- Further tolerance and harmony between cultures and traditions and show appreciation of and respect for own and other cultures
- Encourage respect for democracy and an understanding of how the democratic process works
- Have an appreciation of laws and freedoms
- Have an appreciation that living under the rule of law protects individual citizens and is essential for their wellbeing and safety
- Understand the importance of identifying and combatting discrimination
- Meet requirements for collective worship,
- Establish a strong school ethos supported by effective relationships throughout the school, and provide relevant activities beyond the classroom to ensuring pupils’ SMSC development.
Click on the image below to see the full size version.