St Bartholomew’s C of E Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
Supporting in school, as a volunteer, is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references. If you are interested, there are a range of different roles that you could fulfil:
- classroom helper;
- listening to children read - one to one, or in small groups;
- a ‘club’ leader.
Please see attached full descriptions of the above roles. The application process is below.
Thank you for considering to become a volunteer in school.
How to express interest
If you are interested in becoming a regular volunteer at the school, please complete an application form by following the link below.
If you would prefer a paper copy of this form then please contact the school office or you can download a copy below.
- Once we have received your completed form, we will be in touch to confirm acceptance and arrange a meeting to discuss possible roles further;
- If accepted as a volunteer, the School Business Manager will then arrange for references to be sought and for a DBS check to be undertaken. You will be contacted with regards to the DBS check.
- All volunteers will be provided with a pack of information including :
- Volunteer Handbook
- Confidentiality Policy
- Safeguarding in Education Induction Leaflet
- Part 1 of the Keeping Children Safe in Education Document
- IT Acceptable Use Policy for staff, governors and volunteers
- Prior to starting, all volunteers will be asked to complete online safeguarding and GDPR training - this may be done in school should computer access at home be difficult;
- Once all of the necessary checks and paperwork have been completed, we will contact you to confirm a start date.
We are extremely grateful to all volunteers who support our pupils on a regular basis. This really does make a huge difference to the children and their learning.